Friday, April 11, 2008

First Hide ... "24 Hour SVC at the Y"

Today I hid my first Geocache. Just a little camouflaged magnetic key holder hidden just about 1-1/2 miles from my house.

Since it's so small and there's not really room for anything, I only left one of those gold dollar coins for the FTF. It's a fairly easy find. The name gives the location away pretty well and it's in a location where it should be found quite a bit.

We are putting together our first ammo can to hide. Trying to figure out someplace really good to put it where we can still have access to monitor it and take care of it. My son is really excited about this one and wants to do it NOW but until we figure out where, he'll just have to practice patience. :) I'm glad he enjoys Geocaching with us. The only problem is, he's not really into "looking", he only gets excited when it's found and he gets to open it and check out the "goodies". Probably very typical for a 9 year old cacher!

No comments: